Birth Certificates Name Changes & Paternity Laws

How Do I Change Child's Name On Birth Certificate?

How to change the name of the child on birth certificate Our birth certificate & paternity laws page details the laws and statutes in your city and state as they pertain to DNA testing. It is very important to observe all the laws and statues to ensure that your results are admissible in court.

For example, when doing a legal test, you must not use a friend, neighbor, co-worker etc... as your witness. We also provide the names and address of every state’s vital statistics office so as to help our clients change name on birth certificate.

What Happens When a Child is Born in the Marriage?

When a child is born in a marriage, the name of the husband is automatically added on the birth certificate. The husband is typically considered the father of record. In order to change name on birth certificate, if he is not the father, you will need to contact the vital statistic office in your local city and state to file for a change.  This will also require that you perform a Legal Paternity Test as evidence of the biological relationship.

What if the Mother Knows the Husband is not the Father?

Even though the mother may feel/know that her husband of record is not the father of her child, the state will require legal DNA testing.  This would serve as the biological proof that another man is in-fact the father before changing the name on birth certificate. In some cases, the husband may likewise wish to have his name removed from the record of birth, and would similarly need to do the same thing.

Do I Need a Lawyer to Change the Child's Name on Birth Certificate?

No!, the process to change the child's name on the birth certificate can be quite easy if no one contests the fact of who is the father, and does not oppose the action. You just purchase a legally binding DNA test from us and we can deliver notarized, accredited results both ways in both electronic (email) and written results. Then just simply fill out the vital statistics form, send it back along with a copy of the results, and pay the small fee that is charged by the vital statistic's office.

Let Us Help You

At you can buy the most trusted, highest quality DNA tests in the industry from our world renowned lab at the cheapest prices. Our lab is the largest and most trusted name in DNA testing through-out the USA and even the world.

We have provided below, a link to a page for your state that contain valuable paternity testing law information, as well as a link to your vital statistic office containing an online application to have the name changed on the birth certificate. If you should have any questions, please contact us at toll free (877) 786-9543, and case manager would be happy to serve you.

Click On Your State On The Map Below To Learn More About Changing Birth Certificates & DNA Laws In Your State

Click On Your State Below To Find A DNA Testing Center Location Near You