How We Protect Your Privacy and Security
We understand that DNA testing is a private issue. At PaternityUSA, we are dedicated to your privacy and securing your personal information. We appreciate your trust and know how important it is to you how your personal information is protected. We do not collect, sell, or share your information with marketing companies or on the your information on the Internet.
Our lab believes in protecting your privacy. When we collect personal information from you on our website, our lab follows the privacy principles of A2LA, AABB, ISO, NATA and the BBB and comply with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from the European Union. These are our promises to you:
- Notice. When we collect your personal information, we’ll advise of what information we’re collecting, how we’ll use it, and with whom we may share it.
- Choice. We’ll give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and we’ll make effort to respect the choices you make.
- Relevance. We’ll collect only as much information as we need for the identified purposes, and won’t use it for other purposes without obtaining consent.
- Retention. We’ll keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it, or as permitted by law.
- Accuracy. We’ll take appropriate steps to make sure the personal information in our records is accurate.
- Access. We’ll provide ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies.
- Security. We’ll take appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect your personal information from loss,
Our Policy On Information We Gather
Our lab is dedicated to your privacy and security and will not share your information with others except at your request. Our lab does not sell information to others under any circumstances.
What Personal Information Do We Gather?
We collect only the information you provide to us. We use the information you enter on our website, provide by telephone, or include by email solely to provide you with the services you request, in the manner in which you request them.
Can This Information Ever Be Provided To Others?
Delivery of Services
Legally Binding DNA tests and Immigration tests, for example, involve a release of your information within the guidelines you establish: we provide the results of DNA tests to third parties only at your request, and strictly within the parameters necessary for legal compliance.
Protection of our lab and Others
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software, which encrypts information you input. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we securely transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Our Safe Shopping Guarantee
1. Safety. Our lab offer Safe Shopping Guarantee protects you while you investigate DNA tests at our lab, so that you never have to worry about credit card safety. We guarantee that every transaction you make at our lab will be 100 percent safe. This means you pay nothing if unauthorized charges are made to your card as a result of shopping at our web-site.
2. Security. We protect the security of your information during transmission by using 128-bit encrypted Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, the highest level of protection available for all your Internet communications, including credit card use and financial transactions, and which encrypts information you input.
3. Discretion. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
4. Prudence. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
In conclusion, we only speak with the person who actually purchased the test, and never with the other party unless we received an authorization in writing. Further, we do not give results or detailed case information over the phone. We are dedicated to handling this very delicate transaction with the highest level of attention to discretion.